Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fearless

Fearless - calmly resolute in facing dangers or perils. I love this. This doesn't mean walking a tightrope across the Grand Canyon. That is not fearless - that is foolish. Fearless, for me, is freedom from the fear of making mistakes. For instance, I love knitting but I hate the mistakes. So I have a book called Fearless Knitting. Through that I have learned how to avoid mistakes from the beginning and how to correct them when they occur. No more fear!

Life is another matter. There is much to fear - job loss, money worries, children worries, whatever is on the news today. My friend Edward John has written a book and lectured on Fearless Living. That is how I want to live - fearlessly! And there is only one way: let the One who holds the future take over - because He knows the rest of the story!

6 comments:

Survivormama said...

Amen! Thanks so much for reminding me that God is in control of the future, if I let him be! Glad to have found you, and that you are in this challenge too!

Wanda said...

Oh yes fear often attempts to stagnate but on many occassions Christ reminded us to fear not. For he has certainly overcome the world.

Anonymous said...

Always need that reminder! Have you read Fearless by Max Lucado? I almost used it for my blog today... but decided to wait for another time. It is worth checking out!

Lisa said...

Wonderful post! I used to struggle with fear and then I let go and let God take over.

Ella said...

Great post; I still have moments with fear, it is challenging sometimes! Thanks for the reminder~

Arlee Bird said...

You are right--there is much to fear. But being afraid doesn't solve the problem, being fearless helps one face the problem.
Lee