Monday, April 23, 2012

Quark

Quark is a type of fresh cheese, also known as tvorog (from the Russian творог), topfen (from the Austrian name), biezpiens (from Latvian), and varškė (from Lithuanian).


I just couldn't do a usual Q work - Question, Quack.  Somewhere in the cooking file cabinet in my brain this popped out.  I think I have eaten it once - sort of a cross between cream cheese and cottage cheese and very good.  And it is a fun work to say - Quark is Quirky.  There, another Q word.


And pretty much trivial information unless you are shopping for ingredients for a recipe for Quark Cheese Biscuits or play a lot of Bezzerwizzer.  What do we do with trivial information?  Sometimes we can laugh about it (especially when we know the random off the wall answer in Bezzerwizzer.  You really must try this game!).  


Does trivia keep us from reasoning about important things?  Maybe, maybe not.  I really don't know the answer to this.  Please weigh in and let me know what you think.  Personally, I like trivia.  


And I like Quark.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

As a German native, Quark is not that exciting ;-) but I like that you chose it! In my neck of the woods it's called Topfen and I love it! You usually use it for sweet desserts (dumplings made of Topfen-dough, Topfen with fruit or Topfen-Strudel).

I am visiting for the A-Z challenge!

Tara Tyler said...

trivia is good for sparking brain cells! the more we know & can remember, useless or not, the longer our brain will function!

Bethie said...

Trivia does keep your brain active, and you never know when you'll need it.