Thursday, April 5, 2012

Doubt

Yesterday I seriously doubted that I could finish work on time to post my ramblings about doubt.  My doubts were confirmed when I didn't finish until late.

Which brings me to my contemplation of doubt: I started a new job about 6 weeks ago.  The first two weeks seemed pretty typical of a new job start - then the doubts started.  What was I thinking when I took this job?  Why did I think I could do it?  It involved a lot of technology - not my strong suit - and fear and doubt moved in on me.  This week the doubts and uncertainty have begun to disperse and a pattern is falling into place.

We all have doubts - about ourselves and situations and life.  One thing I will never doubt: God's love for me.  No matter what, He is in control - of the new job, of the world.  Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God knows the plans He has for us and they are plans to prosper us and not to harm us.  In the midst of doubt, I will claim that promise.

No comments: