Sunday, May 9, 2010

Home Tour

My daughter and I love to go on home tours.  Not the new house builder kind of tours, no.  We like the established neighborhood, historic home kind of tours.  So for Mother's Day, since we are both mothers, we gave ourselves a present and went on the Fairmount Historical Home Tour in Ft. Worth.  Here are four of the houses we saw.  Later I will discuss my favorite house with additional pictures:

When we picked up our tickets, the nice ticket person told us that it would be easy to walk this tour.  The very farthest house, said she, was only 8 blocks away, and everything else was closer.  As we began to walk. . .and walk. . .and walk, we wondered what counting system she used cause it was a lot more than 8 blocks!  By then we were committed and we carried on.  Certainly got our exercise for the day.  More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ella said...

I would love to do that; how fun!
I love seeing other homes and walking! Sounds like a wonderful day~

unnamed lad said...

can't wait to see the photos of your favorite house!

btw...were there any snacks around?:)