Sunday, January 4, 2009

Flower Arranging 101


After taking down the Christmas decorations, the house looked empty and boring. What would spark it up? A few fresh flowers!

Flower arranging should be an art that all good southern girls know. My friend Christy gave me a fabulous book years ago; it is like my textbook. So this should be easy. In truth, flower arranging requires a double Masters in Design and Engineering. I have neither. I do have a wonderful son-in-law who gave me a beautiful vase for Christmas. So after studying my textbook and the new Martha Stewart catalogue, I tried copying her January arrangement. Hmmmmm. I will try some more. Meanwhile, my brother looks, just looks, at an arrangement and copies it for his Christmas Eve dinner. Real horns and pine cones and stuff. It looks great! I will keep working and experimenting. And a little PS: one of my flowers was dead by the next morning. Oops. Won't use that one again.

No comments: